Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Robotics...


"I need electricity- If you wanna make me flip- Hit me with a micro chip- I'll be a diode, cathode, electrode- Overload, generator, oscillator- Make a circuit with me..."
'Make a Circuit'- The Polecats

Where would the 'future' be without robots? Not the kind that explore far away planets, or diffuse bombs, but ones like Rosie from The Jetsons, C-3PO, Gort from The Day the Earth Stood Still, or the robots gone bad in I Robot. The streamlined parts and geometric industrial shapes on robots like these help add style and intrigue to 'the future'- and inspire new mechanical creations like the one I did above.

Check out illustrator, and all around good guy, Danny Pelavin's robot page, which features robot art done by various illustrators. You can find one I did in the third row.

Some amazing mechanical men-and women made out of found objects can also be found on this cool robot site.